Approx 19.95 miles from The Farmers Arms Inn
Tel: 01366 328258Visit Website
Built by the Bedingfeld family in the 15th century, they have lived here ever since. Inside, the family's Catholic history is revealed, complete with a secret priest's hole which you can crawl inside.
See the astonishing needlework by Mary, Queen of Scots, and the private chapel, built with reclaimed materials.
Outside, you can enjoy panoramic views from the gatehouse roof and follow the woodcarving trails in the gardens and woodlands. The late winter drifts of snowdrops are not to be missed.
- Marvel at the amazing needlework by Mary, Queen of Scots
- Explore secret doors and climb inside the hidden priest's hole
- Discover a wealth of heraldry, including painted ceilings
- Climb the original spiral stairs to the gatehouse roof
- Stroll in the kitchen garden, orchard and meadow
Enjoy drifts of late winter snowdrops in the woodlands