Peckover House and Gardens
Approx 23.06 miles from The Farmers Arms Inn
Tel: 01945 583463Visit Website
The Peckovers were staunch Quakers, which meant they had a very simple lifestyle; yet at the same time they ran a successful private bank. Both facets of their life can be seen as you wander through the house and gardens.
The gardens themselves are outstanding - 0.8 hectare (two acres) of sensory delight, complete with orangery, summerhouses, croquet lawn and rose garden with more than 60 species of rose.
- Learn about the Quaker history of the Peckover family
- Examine the Cabinet of Curiosities - both old and new
- Take a peek inside the unrestored butler's pantry
- Admire the Rococo plasterwork in the drawing room and landing
- See oranges growing in the orangery - where else!